Icon bar
Chris Newman
2024-07-07 15:02:27 UTC

IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.

Can anyone rememember what it was & whence it cometh?

The window option in Bot Configuration only has an option for not
covering icon bar whentoogling to full sizebut not when you're moving
things around.

FAST Pi Compute Module 4 RISC OS 5.29
Chris
John Williams (News)
2024-07-07 16:01:25 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
There is something to bring it to the front if it does get covered, a key
combination, Shift/F12. This is now built-in.

The action toggles the situation. Taking the pointer to the bottom of the
screen also brings the icon bar forward.

These existing possibilities may render your request unnecessary.

John
Chris Newman
2024-07-07 17:32:16 UTC
Post by John Williams (News)
Post by Chris Newman
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
There is something to bring it to the front if it does get covered, a
key combination, Shift/F12. This is now built-in.
The action toggles the situation. Taking the pointer to the bottom of
the screen also brings the icon bar forward.
These existing possibilities may render your request unnecessary.
Thank you. Now discovered. Brilliant, ta. Why have I never discovered
those before. Duh!

Are they part of the os now or done by Pinboard 2.02? (which I have.)
Chris
Harriet Bazley
2024-07-08 20:27:40 UTC
On 7 Jul 2024 as I do recall,
Post by Chris Newman
Post by John Williams (News)
Post by Chris Newman
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
There is something to bring it to the front if it does get covered, a
key combination, Shift/F12. This is now built-in.
The action toggles the situation. Taking the pointer to the bottom of
the screen also brings the icon bar forward.
These existing possibilities may render your request unnecessary.
Thank you. Now discovered. Brilliant, ta. Why have I never discovered
those before. Duh!
I think Shift-F12 has been around since RISC OS 3.1 - the
mouse-pointer-to-bottom-of-screen shortcut is newer.
--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Confession is good for the soul, but bad for the career.
Kevin Wells
2024-07-08 23:04:32 UTC
Post by John Williams (News)
Post by Chris Newman
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
There is something to bring it to the front if it does get covered, a key
combination, Shift/F12. This is now built-in.
The action toggles the situation. Taking the pointer to the bottom of the
screen also brings the icon bar forward.
These existing possibilities may render your request unnecessary.
My form filling application called Ffiller can also do this with a press
of a button.

http://kevsoft.co.uk/
Post by John Williams (News)
John
--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft
For a quart of ale is a dish for a king.
charles
2024-07-07 16:15:05 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
Can anyone rememember what it was & whence it cometh?
The window option in Bot Configuration only has an option for not
covering icon bar whentoogling to full sizebut not when you're moving
things around.
FAST Pi Compute Module 4 RISC OS 5.29
at WROOC this week, the effect was shown on the latest Beta for Pinboard 2.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té²
Chris Newman
2024-07-07 17:34:20 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
Can anyone rememember what it was & whence it cometh?
The window option in Bot Configuration only has an option for not
covering icon bar whentoogling to full sizebut not when you're moving
things around.
FAST Pi Compute Module 4 RISC OS 5.29
at WROOC this week, the effect was shown on the latest Beta for Pinboard 2.
Thanks. I'll have to watch that again. I missed that bit throught trying
to do other tasks at the same time. Pinboard 2.04 was demonstrated but
it's not on the RISC OS Devs site yet, only 2.02 (What happened to
2.03?)
Chris
Chris Newman
2024-07-08 20:32:29 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
Can anyone rememember what it was & whence it cometh?
The window option in Bot Configuration only has an option for not
covering icon bar whentoogling to full sizebut not when you're
moving things around.
FAST Pi Compute Module 4 RISC OS 5.29
at WROOC this week, the effect was shown on the latest Beta for Pinboard 2.
Thanks. I'll have to watch that again. I missed that bit throught
trying to do other tasks at the same time. Pinboard 2.04 was
demonstrated but it's not on the RISC OS Devs site yet, only 2.02 (What
happened to 2.03?)
In Pinboard 2.02 there's also a useful item on the menu. "Show pinboard
hides all the windows so you are left with the backdrop, pins and
iconbar. Then it shows a button to get everything back again.
Chris
Chris Hughes
2024-07-08 20:50:05 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
Can anyone rememember what it was & whence it cometh?
The window option in Bot Configuration only has an option for not
covering icon bar whentoogling to full sizebut not when you're
moving things around.
FAST Pi Compute Module 4 RISC OS 5.29
at WROOC this week, the effect was shown on the latest Beta for Pinboard 2.
Thanks. I'll have to watch that again. I missed that bit throught
trying to do other tasks at the same time. Pinboard 2.04 was
demonstrated but it's not on the RISC OS Devs site yet, only 2.02 (What
happened to 2.03?)
In Pinboard 2.02 there's also a useful item on the menu. "Show pinboard
hides all the windows so you are left with the backdrop, pins and
iconbar. Then it shows a button to get everything back again.
Yes I seem to remember showing that in my talk as well.
Chris Hughes
Jean-Michel
2024-07-09 08:17:11 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
IIRC there was an app which made the icon bar inviolate and stopped
windows covering it.
Can anyone rememember what it was & whence it cometh?
The window option in Bot Configuration only has an option for not
covering icon bar whentoogling to full sizebut not when you're
moving things around.
FAST Pi Compute Module 4 RISC OS 5.29
at WROOC this week, the effect was shown on the latest Beta for Pinboard 2.
Thanks. I'll have to watch that again. I missed that bit throught
trying to do other tasks at the same time. Pinboard 2.04 was
demonstrated but it's not on the RISC OS Devs site yet, only 2.02 (What
happened to 2.03?)
In Pinboard 2.02 there's also a useful item on the menu. "Show pinboard
hides all the windows so you are left with the backdrop, pins and
iconbar. Then it shows a button to get everything back again.
Yes, I would like a keyboard shortcut, for example the Windows key to
select "show pinboard", or a click on the task bar by pressing this key.
To do (for me).
Jean-Michel
Chris Hughes
2024-07-09 08:43:46 UTC
Post by Jean-Michel
Post by Chris Newman
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
[...]
If I understand what you want correctly, this option already exists within
Pinboard 2 in the 'Miscellaneous' tab.
Chris Hughes
charles
2024-07-09 09:45:02 UTC
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by Jean-Michel
Post by Chris Newman
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
[...]
In 2.04 it's in the main menu "show pinboard",
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té²
Chris Hughes
2024-07-09 09:58:47 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by Jean-Michel
Post by Chris Newman
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
[...]
Also in 2.02 as well. but Jean-Michel wanted a keyboard shortcut, which
can be done via the 'Miscellaneous' tab.
Chris Hughes
Jean-Michel
2024-07-09 11:13:40 UTC
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by charles
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by Jean-Michel
Post by Chris Newman
Post by Chris Newman
Post by charles
Post by Chris Newman
Hi,
[...]
Yes I confirm and it works exactly as I wanted, well done to the
developers of PinBoard2 and thank you for the information, it is not
always easy to understand/translate.

I don't know if we can internationalize this program?
Jean-Michel
Chris Newman
2024-07-09 13:34:54 UTC
In article <***@candehope.me.uk>, charles

<Huge snip>
Post by charles
In 2.04 it's in the main menu "show pinboard",
How come you've got 2.04? Are you a tester?
Devs site only shows 2.02.
Chris
Chris Hughes
2024-07-09 13:56:27 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
<Huge snip>
Post by charles
In 2.04 it's in the main menu "show pinboard",
How come you've got 2.04? Are you a tester?
Devs site only shows 2.02.
Well I am and it looks like Charles is as well.
Chris Hughes
charles
2024-07-09 14:08:03 UTC
Post by Chris Newman
<Huge snip>
Post by charles
In 2.04 it's in the main menu "show pinboard",
How come you've got 2.04? Are you a tester?
Devs site only shows 2.02.
Not a Tester that I know of, but I've just found an email from Andrew
calling me one. So I must be. It's dated 24 June 2024
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té²