Unicontrol problems
Chris Hughes
2021-12-23 15:11:42 UTC
Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.
By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
Christmas close down.
He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.
Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
that means the current build number/update status.
Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
use has a few problems at the moment.

I use External-September for my usenet postings
Chris Hughes
Adrian Crafer
2021-12-23 17:18:57 UTC
Post by Chris Hughes
Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.
By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
Christmas close down.
He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.
Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
that means the current build number/update status.
Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
use has a few problems at the moment.
I use External-September for my usenet postings
I get my news from Orpheus, I have no idea where it comes from.

Thanks

Adrian
***@orpheusmail.co.uk
Chris Hughes
2021-12-23 17:54:52 UTC
Post by Adrian Crafer
Post by Chris Hughes
Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.
By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
Christmas close down.
He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.
Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
that means the current build number/update status.
Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
use has a few problems at the moment.
I use External-September for my usenet postings
I get my news from Orpheus, I have no idea where it comes from.
Orpheus have peering arrangement with GigaNews, so it comes from them.
Chris Hughes
Steve Fryatt
2021-12-23 17:56:30 UTC
On 23 Dec, Adrian Crafer wrote in message
Post by Adrian Crafer
Post by Chris Hughes
Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
use has a few problems at the moment.
I use External-September for my usenet postings
I get my news from Orpheus, I have no idea where it comes from.
They're a Giganews reseller, I think -- very few (if any) ISPs run their own
news servers these days.
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/
Dave Plowman (News)
2021-12-24 13:43:39 UTC
Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.
By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
Christmas close down.
He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.
Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details
of your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows
side that means the current build number/update status.
Thanks
Adrian Crafer
This is interesting At the time of the London Show, Uniprint was
refusing to work. I chatted to Alan and we decided it was a Windows
'thing'.
It's now working again quite happily - there have been at least 2
Windows updates in between times
Mine is also working again normally. Perhaps opening up the Startup Folder
reminded Windows it was in there? ;-)
--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.