Ovation documents menu
Harriet Bazley
2024-03-10 00:00:57 UTC
Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
one is.

I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?
--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Egotist: A person of low taste, more interested in himself than me.
Dave
2024-03-10 07:42:45 UTC
Post by Harriet Bazley
Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
one is.
I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?
Not sure I know the answer to your question Harriet, but pressing Ctrl
when you click the [X] to close a document will prevent the document being
put in the "View Document list"

Dave

PS: In Win OvPro, there's a menu entry at the bottom of the "Recent
documents" list to Clear the entries.
Dave Triffid
Chris Hughes
2024-03-10 10:23:01 UTC
Post by Harriet Bazley
Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
one is.
I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?
Harriet, You have an Ovation Pro Applet running called !Document when this
is active it adds a menu entry on the OPro icon bar menu, called Documents

If you want rid of this menu option, you have two choices, both involve
going into Ovation Pro application folder, and within Ovation Pro, you
will have an Applets folder and inside that are the Applets you have
installed at some point. To disable the Documents menu, simply double
click on the !Document icon and a - will appear at the end of the file
name, this has now disabled the option. You can enable it again by simply
double clicking it again and the - disappears at the end of the filename.
Or you can simply move the applet outside OPro itself

Note the changes do not take effect until you restart Ovation Pro.
Chris Hughes
Harriet Bazley
2024-03-10 11:15:12 UTC
On 10 Mar 2024 as I do recall,
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by Harriet Bazley
Having used Ovation to import a couple of Impression documents I now
seem to have a 'history menu' of recently opened files on the app's
iconbar menu. Unfortunately most of them have been moved/deleted, so
clicking on the entries simply reports 'Document cannot be found' -
particularly annoying in the case of the one that I *do* still need to
update, since the valid filepath isn't getting retained but the obsolete
one is.
I can't see any kind of 'discard document' option when you actually do
open a file, and I can't even find the filepaths in question stored in
Boot:Choices - how do I wipe these useless menu entries?
Harriet, You have an Ovation Pro Applet running called !Document when this
is active it adds a menu entry on the OPro icon bar menu, called Documents
Aha - thank you! That explains why I couldn't find any description of
this feature anywhere in the manual.... (I don't know if my copy of
the application arrived with a selection of applets installed by
default, or if I added this one while I was trying to get a working
Contents feature; I can see that it would have seemed like a good idea
at the time.)
Post by Chris Hughes
If you want rid of this menu option, you have two choices, both involve
going into Ovation Pro application folder, and within Ovation Pro, you
will have an Applets folder and inside that are the Applets you have
installed at some point. To disable the Documents menu, simply double
click on the !Document icon and a - will appear at the end of the file
name, this has now disabled the option. You can enable it again by simply
double clicking it again and the - disappears at the end of the filename.
Unfortunately enabling/disabling it turns out not to wipe the invalid
pathnames.

...But hiding inside the applet itself is a data file called 'Documents'
that does. Which also explains why I couldn't find those pathnames
stored anywhere!
--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

We prefer to speak evil of ourselves than not speak of ourselves at all.