PS3 Printer Driver
Chris Dale
2022-12-03 12:29:19 UTC
Hi, I purchased a copy of the PS3 printer driver dated 01 June 2021 from
Martin Wurthner Software to update from PS2 a few months ago, but have
only now tried to install on my Titanium board computer (RO5.28).
Installation following the instructions in the help file was OK up to the
final 'Save choices'. Save choices gave error: internal error 'unmatched
PR Data Pointer'. I tried a re-boot but then got error: 'couldn't fix
pointer' and then 'Module not found'. Now !Printers won't run and I am
unable to print anything. Contacted MW Software via the website but no
reply so far.

Can anyone advise please?
Thanks,

Chris Dale
Ian
2022-12-03 12:58:17 UTC
On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 12:29:19 GMT
Post by Chris Dale
Hi, I purchased a copy of the PS3 printer driver dated 01 June 2021
from Martin Wurthner Software to update from PS2 a few months ago,
but have only now tried to install on my Titanium board computer
(RO5.28). Installation following the instructions in the help file
internal error 'unmatched PR Data Pointer'. I tried a re-boot but
then got error: 'couldn't fix pointer' and then 'Module not found'.
Now !Printers won't run and I am unable to print anything. Contacted
MW Software via the website but no reply so far.
Can anyone advise please?
I'd quit !Printers, move the !Boot.Choices.Printers folder away from
the boot structure. Can be deleted later if you don't need it.

Restart !Printers.

Set up your printers again starting with the PS3 printer driver (*).

* Alternatively you could restore the !Boot.Choices.Printers folder from
a backup if you have one but a clean install is more likely to work.

HTH,
Ian
Chris Dale
2022-12-05 10:05:44 UTC
Post by Ian
On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 12:29:19 GMT
Post by Chris Dale
[...]
Thanks Ian.
Martin has also replied now.

Chris Dale
Steve Fryatt
2022-12-03 13:06:57 UTC
On 3 Dec, Chris Dale wrote in message
Post by Chris Dale
Hi, I purchased a copy of the PS3 printer driver dated 01 June 2021 from
Martin Wurthner Software to update from PS2 a few months ago, but have
only now tried to install on my Titanium board computer (RO5.28).
I assume that you mean 1st June 2012, and not that there's an update out?
Post by Chris Dale
Installation following the instructions in the help file was OK up to the
final 'Save choices'. Save choices gave error: internal error 'unmatched
PR Data Pointer'. I tried a re-boot but then got error: 'couldn't fix
pointer' and then 'Module not found'. Now !Printers won't run and I am
unable to print anything.
If all else fails, and you're happy to lose any existing printers that were
configured, I'd start by renaming the Choices:Printers folder and re-doing
the installation from scratch. Once you're happy that things are set up
correctly as they were before and that no other drivers are missing, the
renamed folder can be deleted.

PS3 works fine on that combination of OS and hardware here, so it's unlikely
to be an inherent problem.
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/
Chris Dale
2022-12-05 10:08:03 UTC
Post by Chris Dale
Installation following the instructions in the help file was OK up to the
final 'Save choices'. Save choices gave error: internal error 'unmatched
PR Data Pointer'. I tried a re-boot but then got error: 'couldn't fix
pointer' and then 'Module not found'. Now !Printers won't run and I am
unable to print anything.
If all else fails, and you're happy to lose any existing printers that were
configured, I'd start by renaming the Choices:Printers folder and re-doing
the installation from scratch. Once you're happy that things are set up
correctly as they were before and that no other drivers are missing, the
renamed folder can be deleted.
PS3 works fine on that combination of OS and hardware here, so it's unlikely
to be an inherent problem.
Thanks Steve.
Something to try if necessary but Martin W has also replied in a separate
e-mail.

Chris Dale
Martin Wuerthner
2022-12-05 09:41:16 UTC
Post by Chris Dale
Hi, I purchased a copy of the PS3 printer driver dated 01 June 2021 from
Martin Wurthner Software to update from PS2 a few months ago, but have
only now tried to install on my Titanium board computer (RO5.28).
Installation following the instructions in the help file was OK up to the
final 'Save choices'. Save choices gave error: internal error 'unmatched
PR Data Pointer'. I tried a re-boot but then got error: 'couldn't fix
pointer' and then 'Module not found'. Now !Printers won't run and I am
unable to print anything. Contacted MW Software via the website but no
reply so far.
Sorry, I did see your message, but did not have time to respond yet. This is
an unusual problem I have not seen so far. It looks like !Printers messed up
its configuration files. Which version of !Printers are you running?

Regarding making !Printers work again, I second Steve's and Ian's suggestion
of moving away the printer configuration folder. I will contact you by mail
and ask for that folder, so I can see what has gone wrong.
--
Martin Wuerthner MW Software http://www.mw-software.com/

------- RISC OS Software for Design, Printing and Publishing --------
Chris Dale
2022-12-15 16:37:56 UTC
Post by Martin Wuerthner
Post by Chris Dale
[...]
Thank you Ian, Steve, Martin. Sorry for delayed response - (needed to do
other stuff). Following Martin's instructions, initially failed to get
printing working after having problems using !PrtSet2USB.
Today, as Ian suggested, I quit !Printers, and moved the
!Boot.Choices.Printers folder away (Actually just renamed it). Then
followed the PS3 driver installation instructions in Martin's help file.
Also successfully used !PrtSet2USB this time. Printing in colour with my
HP M454DN now working and the !Boot.Choices.Printers folder has
re-appeared.

I think that !Printers needs updating so that !PrtSet2USB isn't needed. I
suspect that parts of the !Printers app is very old and dates from a time
before USB was in common use.

Chris Dale

Chris Dale
2022-12-05 10:03:06 UTC
Post by Chris Dale
Hi, I purchased a copy of the PS3 printer driver dated 01 June 2021 from
Martin Wurthner Software to update from PS2 a few months ago, but have
only now tried to install on my Titanium board computer (RO5.28).
Installation following the instructions in the help file was OK up to the
final 'Save choices'. Save choices gave error: internal error 'unmatched
PR Data Pointer'. I tried a re-boot but then got error: 'couldn't fix
pointer' and then 'Module not found'. Now !Printers won't run and I am
unable to print anything. Contacted MW Software via the website but no
reply so far.
Can anyone advise please?
Thanks,
Chris Dale
Martin has now replied in a separate e-mail. So I can cancel this thread
Chris Dale