StreetFix Poll
Harriet Bazley
2024-05-15 13:51:40 UTC
On 15 May 2024 as I do recall,
Hi
My multi national street problem view application for RISC OS called
StreetFix is undergoing multi national language support
So I'm running a little poll to decide if the choice for the language
name is in English or the native language for that language. i.e For the
Swedish language do I go with Swedish or Svenska?
Surely the thing to do is to see what the convention in other apps is?
A quick look at StrongED (which was after all written by a Norwegian and
is currently maintained by a Dutchman) suggests that the names for the
language resources should probably be in English, e.g. the Resources
directory is Resources.German and not Resources.Deutsch. The same is
true of Zap.
--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

You /really/ don't want to know.
Kevin Wells
2024-05-23 10:24:29 UTC
Post by Harriet Bazley
On 15 May 2024 as I do recall,
Hi
My multi national street problem view application for RISC OS called
StreetFix is undergoing multi national language support
So I'm running a little poll to decide if the choice for the language
name is in English or the native language for that language. i.e For the
Swedish language do I go with Swedish or Svenska?
Surely the thing to do is to see what the convention in other apps is?
A quick look at StrongED (which was after all written by a Norwegian and
is currently maintained by a Dutchman) suggests that the names for the
language resources should probably be in English, e.g. the Resources
directory is Resources.German and not Resources.Deutsch. The same is
true of Zap.
Which ever way I do it in the end it will be easy to change it to the
way poeple want it by re naming directories.
--
Kev Wells
http://kevsoft.co.uk/ https://ko-fi.com/kevsoft