!OHP
Richard Porter
2022-05-04 21:25:09 UTC
For some reason I can't run !OHP to run on ARMX6. The !Run file reports:

"This application needs ImageExtend 0.80 or newer". However a check on the
module states

*help imageextend
==>Help on keyword ImageExtend
Module is: Image Extension 0.80 (03 Feb 1993)

So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
John
2022-05-05 07:52:08 UTC
Post by Richard Porter
For some reason I can't run !OHP to run on ARMX6. The
"This application needs ImageExtend 0.80 or newer".
However a check on the module states
*help imageextend ==>Help on keyword ImageExtend Module
is: Image Extension 0.80 (03 Feb 1993)
So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
What version are you running? I've just upgraded 2.00 to
2.6 and the only trouble I've had is messages about lack of
memory. On an ARMX6?

My travails (all sorted now) are recorded in a thread on
Archive-on-Line.

John
--
John
***@blueyonder.co.uk
j dot mccartney atte blueyonder dot co dot uk
Richard Porter
2022-05-10 21:59:12 UTC
Post by John
Post by Richard Porter
So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
What version are you running? I've just upgraded 2.00 to
2.6 and the only trouble I've had is messages about lack of
memory. On an ARMX6?
My travails (all sorted now) are recorded in a thread on
Archive-on-Line.
Thanks. The help file says version 2. The app is dated 2000.
Upgrade now on order.
John
2022-05-11 09:01:35 UTC
The date being 5 May 2022, John
Post by John
Post by Richard Porter
So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
What version are you running? I've just upgraded 2.00
to 2.6 and the only trouble I've had is messages about
lack of memory. On an ARMX6?
My travails (all sorted now) are recorded in a thread
on Archive-on-Line.
Thanks. The help file says version 2. The app is dated
2000. Upgrade now on order.
Mine was the same version before I got the upgrade.

I have run into another snag. I wanted to create the slide
show on the ARMX6 but run it on RPCEmu on a Linux laptop.

Unfortunately, the background colours don't transfer
accurately. Only black and 20%RGB grey come out correctly.
It's the same on both Windows and Linux installations of
RPCEmu.

It works fine on VRPC on a desktop PC so yesterday I set up
VRPC-DL on the same laptop as RPCEmu (in two different
partitions). It's been a lot of faffing about. Having
transferred all my fonts from the ARMX6, StrongED crashed
repeatedly and NetSurf wouldn't finish loading. The error
message referenced !Unicode in !Boot.Resources.

The problem was the Deja Vu family of fonts which are RO5
only. Once I deleted them, all was well.

John
Chris Hughes
2022-05-11 13:37:13 UTC
Post by John
Post by Richard Porter
So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
What version are you running? I've just upgraded 2.00
to 2.6 and the only trouble I've had is messages about
lack of memory. On an ARMX6?
My travails (all sorted now) are recorded in a thread
on Archive-on-Line.
Thanks. The help file says version 2. The app is dated
2000. Upgrade now on order.
Mine was the same version before I got the upgrade.
I have run into another snag. I wanted to create the slide
show on the ARMX6 but run it on RPCEmu on a Linux laptop.
Unfortunately, the background colours don't transfer
accurately. Only black and 20%RGB grey come out correctly.
It's the same on both Windows and Linux installations of
RPCEmu.
I suspect this is the BGR <> RGB colour mapping

Or maybe are you using different colour depth on the different machines 16
million colours on say ARMX6 and 32 thousand on the other devices.
Post by John
The problem was the Deja Vu family of fonts which are RO5
only. Once I deleted them, all was well.
You need the Verity font instead which is the version that works on all
machines, available from !Store - they are free
--
Chris Hughes
Don't miss this years Wakefield Show 21st May 2022 - we have moved to
Check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk
Steve Fryatt
2022-05-11 14:29:34 UTC
On 11 May, Chris Hughes wrote in message
Post by Chris Hughes
Unfortunately, the background colours don't transfer accurately. Only
black and 20%RGB grey come out correctly. It's the same on both Windows
and Linux installations of RPCEmu.
I suspect this is the BGR <> RGB colour mapping
Aren't both the ARMX6 and RPCEmu using the same byte order, though?
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/
Chris Hughes
2022-05-11 15:26:08 UTC
Post by Chris Hughes
Unfortunately, the background colours don't transfer accurately. Only
black and 20%RGB grey come out correctly. It's the same on both Windows
and Linux installations of RPCEmu.
I suspect this is the BGR <> RGB colour mapping
Aren't both the ARMX6 and RPCEmu using the same byte order, though?
To be honest not certain how RPCEmu now does it. I vaguely remember some
comment about it sometime ago.

But thinking again about the issue John was having I was now thinking it
might be more like the Colour depth in use on the different devices.
Check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk
John
2022-05-11 15:40:00 UTC
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by John
Unfortunately, the background colours don't transfer
accurately. Only black and 20%RGB grey come out
correctly. It's the same on both Windows and Linux
installations of RPCEmu.
I suspect this is the BGR <> RGB colour mapping
I thought that only affected the Titanium.
Post by Chris Hughes
Or maybe are you using different colour depth on the
different machines 16 million colours on say ARMX6 and
32 thousand on the other devices.
I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem. Whatever
the colour depth of the original, the OS in use just
renders to the colour depth set on that particular machine.

Even if I try to set the background colour in the
presentation on RPCEmu, the colours are still wrong.
Post by Chris Hughes
Post by John
The problem was the Deja Vu family of fonts which are
RO5 only. Once I deleted them, all was well.
You need the Verity font instead which is the version
that works on all machines, available from !Store - they
are free
Yes, I have those Chris. I discovered the problem (was told
about it on the Archive mailing list if I remember aright)
when transferring a large document which contained Deja Vu
to VRPC. I changed the font used in the document to Verity
and all is well.

John
Steve Fryatt
2022-05-11 21:42:47 UTC
On 11 May, John wrote in message
Post by John
Post by Chris Hughes
I suspect this is the BGR <> RGB colour mapping
I thought that only affected the Titanium.
Titanium and IGEPv5, I think.
--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/
Alan Griffin
2022-05-10 21:58:26 UTC
Post by John
What version are you running? I've just upgraded 2.00 to
2.6 and the only trouble I've had is messages about lack of
memory. On an ARMX6?
Where do you find the upgrade?
Alan
Chris Hughes
2022-05-11 12:18:51 UTC
Post by Alan Griffin
Post by John
What version are you running? I've just upgraded 2.00 to
2.6 and the only trouble I've had is messages about lack of
memory. On an ARMX6?
Where do you find the upgrade?
CJE Micros I believe.
Check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk
Alan Griffin
2022-05-09 16:49:53 UTC
Post by Richard Porter
"This application needs ImageExtend 0.80 or newer". However a check
on the module states
*help imageextend ==>Help on keyword ImageExtend Module is: Image
Extension 0.80 (03 Feb 1993)
So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
I get the same error message.
Alan
t***@cestriant.plus.com
2022-05-09 19:27:07 UTC
Post by Alan Griffin
Post by Richard Porter
"This application needs ImageExtend 0.80 or newer". However a check
on the module states
*help imageextend ==>Help on keyword ImageExtend Module is: Image
Extension 0.80 (03 Feb 1993)
So what's up? I tried with/without Aemulor.
I get the same error message.
Sounds like you're not running the latest version (v2.60): its !Run file
does not contain a test for Imageextend, and the version of Image
Extension loaded is 0.90 (18Dec2002).
Even with my earlier copy of v2.51 (circa 2002, and probably the first
32bit version), the !Run file contains no reference to imageextend.

The latest version (v2.60) runs fine on my ARMX6.
--
Regards,
TerryK