LanMan Omni woes
Brian Jordan
2024-05-12 22:40:00 UTC
For some time I have used LanMan98 to share files from my Dell PC to this
Pi; it works well with an icon bar icon labelled PCDesktop. Recently I
started to use OmniClient with Elesar's CloudFS add-on to access my
pCloud account this too works well with an icon on the icon bar.

I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to add access to the PC as an
OmniClient mount so far without success. What I can do is run both
programs simultaneously in which case both OmniClient and LanMan98
display PCDesktop icons from which I can access the PC identically.
However as soon as I dismount the LanMan98 access OmniClient reverts to
displaying only the cloud mount. Not a big deal but it would be nice to
dispense wih LanMan98 and use Omni Client solely. Is this possible?

Brian Jordan
***@btinternet.com
RISC OS 5.30 (27-Apr-24) on Raspberry Pi
Paul Sprangers
2024-05-13 07:29:33 UTC
[...] but it would be nice to dispense wih LanMan98 and use Omni Client
solely. Is this possible?
I'm not sure what you mean. OmniClient is just the container program, that
cannot establish connections itself. LanMan98 and Cloud can. If you mount
the PC access as well as the pCloud access, then you end up with two icons.
Every subsequent mount adds another icon (in my setup I may even have 11
icons active). What exactly do you want to achieve?

Paul
https://riscos.sprie.nl
Brian Jordan
2024-05-13 11:37:58 UTC
Post by Paul Sprangers
[...] but it would be nice to dispense wih LanMan98 and use Omni
Client solely. Is this possible?
I'm not sure what you mean. OmniClient is just the container program,
that cannot establish connections itself. LanMan98 and Cloud can. If
you mount the PC access as well as the pCloud access, then you end up
with two icons. Every subsequent mount adds another icon (in my setup I
may even have 11 icons active). What exactly do you want to achieve?
I wanted to have access to the PC folder without having to have two icons
on the icon bar. Fortunately Martin interpreted my query and was able to
provide me with the solution.

Martin
2024-05-13 08:59:19 UTC
Post by Brian Jordan
For some time I have used LanMan98 to share files from my Dell PC
to this Pi; it works well with an icon bar icon labelled PCDesktop.
Recently I started to use OmniClient with Elesar's CloudFS add-on
to access my pCloud account this too works well with an icon on the
icon bar.
I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to add access to the PC as
an OmniClient mount so far without success. What I can do is run
both programs simultaneously in which case both OmniClient and
LanMan98 display PCDesktop icons from which I can access the PC
identically. However as soon as I dismount the LanMan98 access
OmniClient reverts to displaying only the cloud mount. Not a big
deal but it would be nice to dispense wih LanMan98 and use Omni
Client solely. Is this possible?
Yes - you can avoid the LanMan98 stand-alone iconbar icon, but the
LM98 mounts can be available through Omni. See the ReadMe in the LM98
zip file section on Installation for use with !Omniclient.
--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.
Brian Jordan
2024-05-13 09:41:06 UTC
Post by Martin
Not a big deal but it would be nice to dispense wih LanMan98 and use
Omni Client solely. Is this possible?
Yes - you can avoid the LanMan98 stand-alone iconbar icon, but the
LM98 mounts can be available through Omni. See the ReadMe in the LM98
zip file section on Installation for use with !Omniclient.
Thank you Martin, that is exactly what I wanted. All is well now.