Import a border into Impression Publisher
Dave
2024-02-24 21:42:02 UTC
Good day folks.
It's a very long time since I've used Imp Publisher for anything, so my
rust on the app is well ingrained.

Can someone please explain how to Import a border in to Publisher?

I have no problem doing "Menu-Frame-Border import" and up pops the "Border
import" window.

But how do I get the drawfile of a legit border into that window.

At the moment, as soon as I go for the border drawfile, the Border import
window vanishes.

Thanks
Dave
Dave Triffid
Stephen Parkin
Border import window stays open here until I press 'OK'
Dave
2024-02-25 21:12:16 UTC
Post by Stephen Parkin
Post by Dave
Good day folks.
It's a very long time since I've used Imp Publisher for anything, so my
rust on the app is well ingrained.
Can someone please explain how to Import a border in to Publisher?
I have no problem doing "Menu-Frame-Border import" and up pops the
"Border import" window.
But how do I get the drawfile of a legit border into that window.
At the moment, as soon as I go for the border drawfile, the Border
import window vanishes.
Thanks
Dave
Border import window stays open here until I press 'OK'
Well it sure doesn't stay open here. :-/

VRPC RISC OS 6.20 Various installs including one that's on a Real Old
SARPC, and nothing I can do will keep that (naughty word) window open.

So time for some 'xperimentin' methinks.

For testing purposes, I have a number of VRPC and RPCEmu installs with
different RISC OS versions on them.

I appears it is an artifact/failing/bug in RISC OS 6.20 regardless of what
it's installed on.

That Publisher window will not stay open.

However, on a RISC OS 4.39 install, the Publisher window stay open for the
new border insert.

In case anyone else encounters this problem, the work around is:

I zipped up my working copy of Publisher, took it to a 4.39 install, did
the Border addition process, then put that Publisher back into my RISC OS
6.20.

Robert's my fathers brother... :-)

Dave
Dave Triffid
Dave
2024-02-26 19:37:31 UTC
In article <***@triffid.co.uk>,
Dave <***@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]
Post by Dave
VRPC RISC OS 6.20 Various installs including one that's on a Real Old
SARPC, and nothing I can do will keep that (naughty word) window open.
So time for some 'xperimentin' methinks.
For testing purposes, I have a number of VRPC and RPCEmu installs with
different RISC OS versions on them.
I appears it is an artifact/failing/bug in RISC OS 6.20 regardless of
what it's installed on.
That Publisher window will not stay open.
However, on a RISC OS 4.39 install, the Publisher window stay open for
the new border insert.
I zipped up my working copy of Publisher, took it to a 4.39 install, did
the Border addition process, then put that Publisher back into my RISC OS
6.20.
Robert's my fathers brother... :-)
Dave
Kind of footnote...

I powered up an old little used PC today which has VRPC-Adjust SA
installed on it, it's also running RISC OS 6.20.
The Publisher border window would not stay open either.

Publisher on RPCEmu 0.9.4 running RISC OS 6.20 also fails to stay open,
whereas, Publisher on RPCEmu 0.9.4 running RISC OS 4.39 the Border window
stays open.

Not that it is important now I've worked out a work around, but I wonder
just what in RISC OS 6.20 is causing that glitch?

Dave
--
Dave Triffid